Waiting on Wednesday: Something Real by Heather Demetrios

9:33 PM


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Book: Something Real
Author: Heather Demetrios
Publication Date: February 4, 2014 
Synopsis (from Goodreads)

There’s nothing real about reality TV.

Seventeen-year-old Bonnie™ Baker has grown up on TV—she and her twelve siblings are the stars of one-time hit reality show Baker’s Dozen. Since the show’s cancellation and the scandal surrounding it, Bonnie™ has tried to live a normal life, under the radar and out of the spotlight. But it’s about to fall apart…because Baker’s Dozen is going back on the air. Bonnie™’s mom and the show’s producers won’t let her quit and soon the life she has so carefully built for herself, with real friends (and maybe even a real boyfriend), is in danger of being destroyed by the show. Bonnie™ needs to do something drastic if her life is ever going to be her own—even if it means being more exposed than ever before.

----

I LOVE TV and since this is basically a book about TV I am definitely in! I am also a Communication Arts major and I am looking forward to read a book that finally explores TV. YAY!

What are you waiting on today? Tell us in the comments! :)

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Great pick! Came across this one last week, too, sounds like so much fun! :) Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really fascinating :o Definitely going on my toread-list :D Though I have the feeling this can either be a realy really really big YAY or a gigantic NAY :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this one either! But thankfully, it comes out soon!
    Thanks for visiting my WoW @ The NerdHerd Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This sounds really good! I just might have to add this to my TBR! I just recently read How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love and it had to deal with the reality TV biz. I'm really intrigued, and I sort of want to read more about it. (:

    T from YA Book Queens (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting pick - thanks for stopping by my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one but sounds good and hope you get to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good one to me. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading the blurp, I think I'm liking it. Question tho, is it more on chick-lit or contemporary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a little more contemporary to me! :)

      Delete
  9. I saw this on someone's post last week. I love reality TV so I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this sounds really cool!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY I keep forgetting to add this to my TBR... thanks for the reminder!!! This looks like a great one. I cannot WAIT to read it! :) Thanks for sharing, Kimi! :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide