Book Blogger Love-a-Thon // Mini Challenge #4: Mash-Up

1:00 AM


We were very excited for this challenge because we already had the perfect idea for it. Our idea was to mix fashion with books. We thought that it would be perfect since fashion seems to be far from books though there are books about fashion. Aside from fashion, we also had the idea of mixing our love for food with our love for books. We had a really hard time in deciding which one we should use so in the end we decided to do both.


First, we will write about fashion and books mashed-up. How did we choose to do this? Well, we decided to choose a character and an outfit of hers that we would want to wear too. The character we have chosen is Lola from Lola and The Boy Next Door. She has a very quirky fashion sense. We believe that fashion isn't about wearing nice, expensive, and branded clothes but about expressing who you are through what you wear. Lola does exactly that and is proud of it.


We all admire her for not being afraid to go beyond what other people believe is normal. We would want to wear the outfit that she planned to wear to her prom. She wasn't just going to buy it, she was actually gonna make it. From scratch. She wanted to make a Marie Antoinette-type dress. Just imagining it made us want to steal the dress and go to prom wearing it. There are a lot of other fashionable characters out there and we respect them just as much as we do Lola. Remember that fashion is about who you are and not about who people want you to be.


Our next choice is food. We just LOVE eating! We eat when we're happy, sad, angry, excited, scared, and basically any other emotion. We even eat just because we're bored. How do you even connect food with books? We guess it's how, like food, books can be sweet, bitter, or bitter-sweet. There is also the recipe to a perfect book. Like creating a new dish, you can create a new book. You can use unique themes with unique characters and plots. You can also choose to use a "recipe" in making a book. Meaning, you already have a basis for what the book should be. It could be a cliché but approached differently. It can be the same recipe just treated differently depending on the author and/or cook. Just like the fact that there are no books that are exactly the same, there is no dish that is the exactly the same with a different one. Every book and every dish is unique.

What about you? What else are you passionate about aside from books? What's your hobby mash-up? :)

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love your mash-up!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bookish cupcakes look so delish! And perfect fashion inspiration for Lola. Such a fun mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this post! Lola is one of my all-time favorite characters! I just want that book to be a movie so I can see her awesome outfit choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative. I love that you chose food! My rating system is food based. I love that you chose Lola too. She is such a fun character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I like the way you linked books with food. It's true that some books can have similar recipes/ingredients but turn out quite differently, as every author/cook has a different style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cupcakes are adorable! I want to eat them all. And I definitely eat when I'm bored. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME MASH UP LADIES!! I still need to read Lola but I will soon I swear! Plus those cupcakes look like the bomb (dot com) and I would eat every single one of them, because that's just how I roll. I mean, I would totes fight you over them LOL jk.

    Xo, Becca @Pivot Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making a Marie Antoinette dress from scratch?! That girl had some serious dedication! I'd be brave enough to try something like that, but I've found I prefer a sleeker silhouette on my frame. Anything else makes me look short and wide! Haha

    LOVE those book cupcakes! But now I really want some cupcakes...mmm....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your mash-ups! I love the idea for rating my food preferences too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh I really like the look of those cupcakes. Mmmm...

    One hobby of mine is party planning and I LOVE mixing that with books. I've had a few Harry Potter parties, a whole literary themed party, and even a Hunger Games party that I think was great.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh great post! Look at all those cupcakes made my mouth water. I've to go get some cupcakes now =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg I remember Lola's outfit! I agree, I definitely love how she's not afraid of anyone else's opinion it's so admirable! Thanks for sharing, I love the idea of mixing a food with a book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved your post! The food bit is probably my favorite, because comparing books and recipes is so darn accurate. The mix is different each time -- but that doesn't mean it can't be equally good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, I love those book cupcakes! Love them!! And Lola's dress is spot on! I loved the book too, and I was impressed that anyone could make a dress like that from scratch. Whoa. Great mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide