Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten All Time Favorite Books in LGBT YA and Anthologies

7:20 PM

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's topic is our favorite books in a particular genre. We will be the ones choosing what genre we'll use in this post. There were a lot of genres that we have considered but for this post, we decided to choose LGBT YA and Anthologies, just because we think both are genres that people rarely read - at least we hope this isn't true! :)


LGBT YA



Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe My Most Excellent Year Wide Awake Openly Straight Luna Two Boys Kissing

Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger
Wide Awake by David Levithan
Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg
Luna by Julie Anne Peters
Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
  

 LGBT ANTHOLOGIES

Zombies Vs. Unicorns
How They Met, and Other Stories Geektastic: Stories from the Nerd Herd  The Letter Q: Queer Writers' Notes to their Younger Selves 

How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan
Geektastic: Stories From The Nerd Herd by John Green
Zombies vs. Unicorns by Holly Black
The Letter Q: Queer Writers' Notes to Their Younger Selves by Various Artists, Edited by Sarah Moon

What was your Top Ten Tuesday? What did you think about ours? Leave a comment!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I haven't read most of these books but they definitely seem awesome! Will check them out!

    Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know one book in this list. But I see you enjoyed them, because you make a top 10 of them :D

    Thanks for your comment on my ttt.
    Mariska
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I nominated you for the liebster award on my blog. I hope you're able to participate!
    http://she-read.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, I'm not very familiar with these genres but some of these look great! I really like Holly Black so I will definitely be looking into Zombies vs. Unicorns. And Aristotle and Dante has been on my to-read list awhile, glad to hear it's a good one! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah, this is a great list and a unique choice of topic! I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read any books from your list except for Julie Anne Peters' Luna, but a friend of mine have been reccommending Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan (he wrote a lot of books regarding this topic, yeah?) I hope to read that one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, unfortunately, have not read any of these books. BUT!!!! I have heard of them ;) Super Rad that you chose this genre, sharing books with readers who don't normally read books/authors in this genre. I know I'll be looking them up on goodreads today. Glad that you enjoy them and thanks for sharing!! ♥
    Check out my TTT @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love LGBT lit but I'm only recently exploring YA in specific. Love your list, definitely saving it for future reference :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous list girls! i haven't read any of these but i do read lgbtq novels once in a while. have you read the classic lgbtq novel annie on my mind by nancy garden? it was written in 1982 but it still resonates today.

    my TTT

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh nice! Haven't read and of these books myself. And most of these are new to me as well!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great topic, you're right they're not commonly genres I read but they look great. I actually have Aristotle and Dante on my to-read list currently, but I will definitely have to add Holly Black's Zombies vs. Unicorns since I really like her work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read a single one of these books =0 but there are definitely some great covers in the bunch. Thanks for stopping by my TTT
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-my-all-time-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by and for following! I followed back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven´t read a lot of LGBT books but I liked Made of Stars by Kelley York, Great list!

    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of any of these - now I have to do some exploring :) Well except Two Boys Kissing, I'm not sure why I haven't read that one yet because I was really excited for it when it came out! I have read a fair bit of LGBT books but most of them have been New Adult.

    ReplyDelete

Hi guys! Thank you for stopping by our blog. We really appreciate it if you've taken the time to leave a comment. Though it will take some time, we will do our best to reply to each one of you. :)

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Stalk Us

2015 Reading Challenge

2015 Reading Challenge
Kimi has read 3 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide